Home > Student Services


FAQs about course application

Q: Can I begin my degree study in February?

A: No, degree programs only start from each September.

Q: When can I apply?

A: Bachelor applicants please submit your application before Jun 10 of the year

Master or doctorate applicants please submit your application materials before April 30

Language applicants to be enrolled in spring semester, please apply between November 1 and January 31.and to be enrolled in autumn semester, apply between May 1 and July 31 are acceptable.

Q: How to apply?

A: Applicants can apply through two ways:

1. We strongly suggest you to apply online and upload all documents required.

2. If you cannot apply online successfully, you can also apply through email: first download the application form, then fill the form and send it with all documents required to us

FAQs about accommodation application

Q: Does the university offer housing for international students?

A: Yes. The university housing is available on the basis of first come first served. Please submit your request for university housing along with your application as soon as possible

Q: Can I check-in the accommodation on arrival?

A: If you have reserved your accommodation in advance, you can directly check-in the dormitory and get the key from the reception desk with your original passport, admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW202 Form).

Q: How early can I get into the students dorm?

A: You may book the student dorm in advance. Once being approved, you may get into the students dorm generally at least one week before the new semester starts.

Q: Can I stay off the campus?

A: Yes. Provided you apply first, fill in the student living off campus application form, and have the approval of the dean in charge. Students who live off campus should register with local police and then inform the student office within a week of living at their new address. Students who live off campus should be responsible for their own safety, property and any other problematic matters.

FAQs about visa application

Q: What kind of visa can I hold to enter a University?

A: Applicants who intend to study at Ningbo University for one year or more are required to apply for an X visa before they come to China; those who are going to study for one semester (less than six months) shall apply for an F visa.

Q: How do I get my student visa to China?

A: Once admitted, you will receive the university’s letter of admission and JW202 form. The applicant can apply for X visa at Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in your home country.

Q; What documents are required for my visa application in my own country?

A: When applying for your visa, please remember to take along with you your valid passport, the original copy of the university’s admission notification and a Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form). Sometimes speical documents might be required by local China embassy and consulate. Do make sure that your letter of admission and your JW202 form is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa.

Q: Is the university’s admission letter enough for me to apply for my visa?

A: No. In addition to the university’s admission letter, JW202 form is also needed.

Q: How much should I pay for my visa application?

A: You can ask Chinese embassy for the cost of visa application.

Q: Can I do a part-time job in China with my X visa?

A: No. International students are forbidden to work in China with X visa.

Q: Can I apply for accompany visa for my parents?

A: No. Accompanying relative is limited to spouse of international students.

Q: Do I need to do the Physical Examination in my own country?

A: Only International students who are going to study for one semester (less than six months) don't need to do this examination before coming to China, except for special requirements from local China embassy.

FAQs about registration

Q: What is the registration procedure?

A: All students have to register on their designated day of registration. Students must bring the following documents and register at the Internatioal Students Admission Office

  • Admission Notice (original copy)

  • Visa Application for Study in China form/JW202 form (original copy)

  • Physical examination record and blood test reports

  • Passport

  • Photos in passport size (at least 12 copies)

  • Academic documents (Degree certificate and transcripts) you have provided at the time of admission (Noterized copy, please note these documents would be kept in the students' file and would not be returned)

Q: What do I need to do to get my student ID, ID for library, ID for student’s service?

A: You may get your student ID card within two weeks after you complete the registration process, and Information Card will be ready within one month, which offers you access to library and dining hall.

Q: Can I pay my tuition and other fees by credit card?

A: No. Tuition and other fees can be paid in cash at any time or by Union Pay Card at the first month of the registration period. Foreign currency or check is not accepted.

Q: Can I pay my tuition and other fees in advance?

A: Yes, but we suggest you to make the payment at least one month before the start date of your study. Please remember to submit the photocopy of your payment receipt to us